adventurer begins at the Park

Please send your entries to parkplace36@gmail.com. I will review and post here. I am excited to see all the interesting walks , paddles ,snowshoe,skies,and sledding adventures!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hiking Trail conditions



Picture above is of Cascade Falls taken 4-22-08. At that time the trail was very muddy with lots of fallen tree and branches but the crew was in there cutting them back. Also the beaver were active on the falls end of the lake so it will continue to be quite wet back there.
Had a great climb up Panther Mt. on 4-28-08. Encounter a little mud near summit. Otherwise the trail is great. Ice storm damage minimal compared to other trails I've been on this month. Unfortunately I did not bring my camera. You could tell how high the water is by the width of the Saranac river. I don't believe i had seen it so wide from that view before!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home